Simple and powerful intranet17 Oct 2009
These days I was looking for intranet solutions and I luckily found Open Atrium, an intranet in a box that has group spaces to allow different teams to have their own conversations.
OpenAtrium is built on top of Drupal, has a nice design and a useful set of features:
- Blog: A classic blog for each group that has commenting, file attachments on both the post and comments, and granular notifications.
- Calendar: A calendar that lets you quickly add events, suck in iCal and other calendar feeds, and support single or multi-day events.
- Group Dashboard: Mini widgets give you a snapshot of all the activity happening across your groups.
- Documents: A simple online handbook that lets you collaborate on documents, store and compare revisions, attach files, and once you’re done print out the final copy.
- Shoutbox: Kind of like a private twitter, the shoutbox lets you share short messages, links, and information with just the people in your group.
- Case Tracker: A full ticketing system that lets you assign to do’s and create unlimited projects within each of your groups. The case tracker also lets you classify the to do, give it a priority, and manage its status.
For small companies, it is an efficient tool to create/maintain an intranet.